The DPM Program may consider applications throughout the academic calendar year. For assistantship funding considerations, applications must be submitted by July 15th for spring semester and by February 15th for fall semester.
The University of Florida International Center UFIC will request the Certificate of Financial Responsibility for international applicants if your admission is approved and accepted.
You will need Adobe Reader to open some of the documents below.
UF Office of Admissions
- The University of Florida requests that applicants submit the graduate application online.
- A non-refundable $30 application fee is required.
- Submission of official TOEFL scores to the University of Florida is also required.
- Entomology and Nematology Department Plant Medicine Program
Admission Requirements to the Doctor of Plant Medicine (DPM) Program
To be admitted to the DPM Program, an applicant must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Possess a BS (or BA) degree from an accredited college or university, preferably but not necessarily, in an agricultural science or related biological discipline.
- Have earned a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of B (3.0) in all upper-division graduate coursework taken.
- Applicants from countries where English is not the native language must also achieve a satisfactory score on one of the following:
- TOEFL-Test of English as a Foreign Language: Computer = 213, Paper = 550, Web = 80
- IELTS-International English Language Testing System: 6 MELAB-Michigan English Language
- Assessment Battery: 77 or successful completion of the University of Florida English Language Institute program.
If the applicant meets all of the above requirements, you must complete the application process.
The elements listed below are required for the completion of the online graduate school application.
- Official Transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
A Statement of Purpose must be written by the applicant that provides a brief description of:
- Your background
- Career and educational goals
- Future plans
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
The resume or vitae should include:
- Related field work
- Three Letters of Recommendation (LOR)
Please have your three references submit the LOR along with a cover letter through the online graduate application.
- International students must submit official transcript(s), diploma(s), and degree(s)
- in his/her country’s original language
- in the English language
- Include a copy of the diploma
- Copy of TOEFL Scores
(International applicants only)
- Electronic scores are available for your student file.
- There is no need to send a paper-based copy of the scores.