The External DPM Advisory Committee will provide stakeholder guidance to the University of Florida, Doctor of Plant Medicine Program. The committee will be specifically informed of the program’s progress and strategic planning goals during an annual meeting. The External DPM Advisory Committee will focus on the following areas-
- Provide an external perspective regarding opportunities to further improve Plant Doctor training in order to meet the needs of employers.
- Guide the program towards improved student and alumni recognition efforts.
- Increase the connectivity and awareness of the DPM program through participation in annual and longer-term strategic planning efforts.
- Mary Hartney, President and Executive Director, Florida Fertilizer and Agrichemical Association, Committee Chair
- Ben Bolusky, Chief Executive Officer, Florida Nursery, Growers and Landscape Association
- Reggie Brown, Executive Vice President, Florida Tomato Exchange
- Dr. Tim Durham, Vice Chair of the DPM Alumni Support Committee
- Dr. Gary Hein, Doctor of Plant Health Director, University of Nebraska
- Paul Hornby, Florida State Plant Health Director, USDA-APHIS-PPQ
- Madeline Mellinger, President, Glades Crop Care
- Dr. Clay Pederson, Agromillora Florida
- Dr. Martha Rhodes Roberts, Former FDACS, Deputy Commissioner of Agriculture, Adjunct Professor, University of Florida
- Dr. Trevor Smith, Director, Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Division of Plant Industry