In May of 2017, the DPM program had its first international training experience in Ecuador. The purpose of the DPM Ecuador educational experience was to expose students to tropical crops, agricultural practices and technologies in South America, experience a new culture, and strengthen relationships with ESPOL a university in Guayaquil, Ecuador. Thirteen students as well as program director Amanda Hodges attended the trip. For a full synopsis of the trip, click here.
The DPM Program gratefully acknowledges donations totaling $3800 from corporations, private individuals, and alumni for the 2016-2017 Ecuador campaign. Thank you for your support! Donations and DPMSO fundraising efforts funded 93% of the overall trip costs.
Gold Donations ($500 and above)
- Florida Nursery, Grower, and Landscape Association (FNGLA)
- Dr. Mark Mossler & Dr. Barbel Eppler
- Dr. Norm Leppla
- Dr. Amanda Hodges & Dr. Greg Hodges
- Dr. Tim C. Durham
- Ms. Mary Hartney & Mr. Jeff Titus
- Dr. Clay Pederson & Mrs. Colleen Pederson
- Dr. Keumchul Shin